Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Shell spark action jar not found error. Even though the properties file is set up correctly and the jar is in the proper location in hdfs.

Shell spark action jar not found error. Even though the properties file is set up correctly and the jar is in the proper location in hdfs.

I was wondering what else could be the cause of this error. Jar not found then Class not found exception. I verified that the properties file are pointing to the correct locations and also the lib jar file is in the proper location in hdfs like I literally checked where the oozie workflow claimed it to be and it was in the right spot.

As well I ran the spark submit from the command line outside of the oozie workflow and it was successful.

This is the first time I encountered this error I had used this format already many times before and everything worked.

I just wanted to know if there is any other problem that could be causing this error.

I am fine with even general answers. I looked elsewhere but was not able to find a good answer to this question.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here