Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Shifting Cloudera Manager Installed For Non-Production to Production

Explorer

I've a Cloudera Manager installed via the path A for Cloudera Manager 5.11.x. There are some dataset ingested and I do not want to lose them. This installation method is recognised for non-production method. I would like to shift this cloudera manager for production method. Is there a way for this happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Champion
The difference between the paths is that the Path A, with the installer, installs the JDK and the Postgres DB.

You can install the version you need of JDK, following Cloudera's recommendations, update alternatives, and remove the old.

On the DB side, install your DB of choice, configure it based on Cloudera's recommendations, create the users, databases, and tables, migrate data if you need to retain the metrics and update the db.properties for CM. You will need to create users, dbs, and tables for the CM services as well, rmon and amon, and update their configuration.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Champion
The difference between the paths is that the Path A, with the installer, installs the JDK and the Postgres DB.

You can install the version you need of JDK, following Cloudera's recommendations, update alternatives, and remove the old.

On the DB side, install your DB of choice, configure it based on Cloudera's recommendations, create the users, databases, and tables, migrate data if you need to retain the metrics and update the db.properties for CM. You will need to create users, dbs, and tables for the CM services as well, rmon and amon, and update their configuration.

Explorer

Thanks for your quick response. May I know if I've done the mentioned steps, will Cloudera Manager still gives out this message, "You are running Cloudera Manager in non-production mode, which uses an embedded PostgreSQL database. Switch to using a supported external database before moving into production." ?

Champion
I don't know as I have only ever installed CM with an external DB. If that is displayed in the CM UI, I feel like yes, it will go away once you start using an external DB, especially since it mentions the embedded DB.