Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Re: Should Nifi be kerberized in order to access Kerberized Hive?

Explorer

I'm having the same problem trying to access Hive from Nifi via Zookeeper. HDFS access from within hive works fine.

I manually installed the clients on my Nifi node (as it's external to my cluster) and copied the core-site and hive-site files over to it. I can connect via beeline (with and without adding 'principal=hive/_HOST@<REALM>' to the connection string. The hive cli throws an error, however. I believe that this error is due to the fact that it's trying to connect remotely to the mysql instance and would need a password (rather than the password less auth on the local hiveserver) which isn't conifgured, so it fails.
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'hive'@'<HOSTNAME>' (using password: YES)

Super Collaborator

@Hemant

How did you solve this? i am having the same issue. can able to upload files to HDFS using kerberos but not able to execute Hive commands.

Regards,

Sai

Explorer

I had to restart my NiFi processes, but that was just a band-aid. As such YMMV. I believe what is happening is that the TGT renewal isn't occurring properly and it causes the whole process to stop.