Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Single local machine: Exhausted available authentication methods

Highlighted

Single local machine: Exhausted available authentication methods

New Contributor

I am trying to install cloudera CDH on a single machine and trying to add clusters to the on the same machine(e.g. 127.0.1.15). My question is that is it possible to do that, as currently I am having problems with "Exhausted available authentication methods", I searched for solution and have tried all mentioned solutions but nothing is helping me move forward. I need some guidance where i am wrong.

During the following step I also encountered this error, but i found from community that this error can be ignored if installing on same machine.

2019-12-12 09:06:14,019 ERROR ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive: ScmActive: Unable to retrieve non-local non-loopback IP address. Seeing address: HOSTNAME/127.0.1.1. 
2019-12-12 09:06:14,019 ERROR ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive: ScmActive failed. Bootup = false
2019-12-12 09:06:14,019 ERROR ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive: ScmActive was not able to access CM identity to validate it.
2019-12-12 09:06:14,020 ERROR ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive: ScmActive is deferring the validation to the next run in 15 seconds.
2019-12-12 09:06:14,020 INFO ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.enterprise.AbstractWrappedEntityManager: Rolling back transaction that wasn't marked for rollback-only.
java.lang.Exception: Non-thrown exception for stack trace.
	at com.cloudera.enterprise.AbstractWrappedEntityManager.close(AbstractWrappedEntityManager.java:161)
	at com.cloudera.cmf.persist.CmfEntityManager.close(CmfEntityManager.java:367)
	at com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive.markScmActive(ScmActive.java:224)
	at com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive.run(ScmActive.java:87)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Plus is quick start enough for a small enterprise requirements?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Single local machine: Exhausted available authentication methods

Community Manager

From the Cloudera QuickStart documentation (for 5.11.x):

Quick start installations are for demonstration and POC applications only and are not recommended for production use.

…I'd say the answer is no, the QuickStart is intended to provide a way to try out certain components, and it is not "enough for a small enterprise" use.

Bill Brooks, Community Manager
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Highlighted

New Contributor

any help regarding the problem I am currently facing, please let me know if i have not described my problem clearly.

Highlighted

Community Manager

It wasn't clear to me, at least:

• which version of CDH you are trying to install
  • what "adding clusters on the same machine" means, or
  • how you are "add[-ing] clusters to the on the same machine(e.g. 127.0.1.15)"
  • what step that "…During the following step I also encountered this error" refers to

hopefully you can supply some detail around those that will enable other members of the community to offer valuable assistance.

Bill Brooks, Community Manager
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Highlighted

New Contributor

the original question I posted is locked for some reason I am not able to edit it. so, to address your queries I am following this guide exactly as it is. So, version is 6.3.x.

The error occurs at Step 6 when i start the server and looked into log file

sudo systemctl start cloudera-scm-server
sudo tail -f /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/cloudera-scm-server.log

There is a post which said that if I am installing cloudera and accessing it on the same machine so, I can ignore it and I was able to login to my Cloudera Manager.

In cloudera manger now in the install/add wizard step 6 of installation guide I am entering hosts  like this 127.0.1.15 and then trying to login as root user with system password, at this point during installation of agents i get the error ''Exhausted available authentication methods". I have tried all the solutions mentioned in these[1][2][3][4] posts but nothing helped.

Is there any other way to troubleshoot this problem.

I have a single machine and trying to configure every thing on it. please guide me where if i am wrong or is it possible to do that on single machine.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here