Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Slow download for quickstart 5.7.0.0

Highlighted

Slow download for quickstart 5.7.0.0

Explorer

I'm experiencing REALLY slow download speeds for the quickstart VM.  Is there an official torrent or some other method of downloading the quickstart VM?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Slow download for quickstart 5.7.0.0

Community Manager

Can you provide a little more details on what you are experiencing? Its a rather large file and depending on your internet provider speed the download time can vary quite a bit. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Highlighted

New Contributor

​Hi,

Usually my downloads are very fast(between 10-12 Mbps). I download stuff daily and it takes just a few seconds to download the files of hundreds of MBs of size.

It's been 2 hours and it's just 0.3/4.8 Gb. This is my 3rd attempt. Other downloads are just fine. 

Is there an alternate way to download this package?

Highlighted

Community Manager

@sarish, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the download. Are you using a download manager as suggested in our community article on how to install the Quickstart VM? I ask because connectivity issues can happen, I even run into them on large downloads despite paying a premium for 300Mbps internet. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum