Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

SmartSense HST Agents dying

Solved Go to solution

SmartSense HST Agents dying

Rising Star

Hi,

In one of our clients cluster the HST agents are dying repeatedly and throwing below error in the logs.

Internal Exception: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink VARCHAR '====================[ WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! ]=&' to length 255. Error Code: 20000

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SmartSense HST Agents dying

@mkataria We'll need a support case created and logs for the HST Server and Agent uploaded to get to the bottom of it.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

I suspect this is a bug, I have seen a similar issue like yours in our internal Jira =>

javax.persistence.RollbackException: Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.4.2.v): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException 
Internal Exception: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink VARCHAR '/bin/sh -c python /usr/hdp/share/hst/parallel-sh.py -n 'hst &' to length 255. 
Error Code: 20000

I'd suggest you open a ticket with our support and you might want to mention the Jira ST-602, which is somewhat similar.

@Paul Codding

Highlighted

Contributor

This is a similar issue but not related to ST-602. The exception in ST-602 happens during capture, but this happens during registration.

Highlighted

Highlighted

Highlighted

Rising Star

Thanks Jonas

Highlighted

Contributor

Can you please add the HST version?