Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

SmartSense Host Does Not Match

Contributor

Hi,

I just recently installed smartsense in our server. I would like to ask if how can I resolve this message in my View in Ambari. Every time I open Smartsense View shows this message. See below.

Error Message in SmartSense View

13844-issue.png

Hostname (hostname -f)

13845-hostname.png

Services Status (Healthy)

13847-services.png

Not sure what is the effect of this as all components are healthy.

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks,

Bruce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

@Bruce Perez,

I thought you wanted to use ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com as your hostname. But based on hosts file and network config , it looks like sandbox.hortonworks.com is the intended hostname. So , revert the change I had earlier recommended in /etc/hosts.

Main problem is multiple hostname configured for the same hosts. So , the incorrect host should probably be deleted. What do you see in when you click on Hosts on the top center of ambari view ? Do you see sandbox.hortonworks.com as your hostname ? If yes then, go ahead and use the delete command provided below. replace username, password and clustername.

Here is the command to delete using api :

curl -u [USERNAME]:[PASSWORD] -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -X DELETE http://10.69.161.179:8080/api/v1/clusters/[CLUSTERNAME]/hosts/ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com

Then stop and restart HST Agent as provided in screenshot earlier.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rising Star

@Bruce Perez,

1. Can you please provide Ambari and SmartSense version ? Do you have any custom script to identify hostnames for Ambari ?

2. Pls execute this command and share the output : hst list-agents

we need "hostname -f" to be registered smartsense agent and it should also match with ambari-agent.

Contributor

Upon checking http://10.69.161.179:8080/api/v1/hosts/, I saw that there is 2 associated hosts.

13863-host.png

hst list-agent

13859-hst.png

Versions

Ambari Version - 2.4.0.1

SmartSense Version - 1.3.0.0-1

Rising Star

It might be possible that the hostname is not setup properly in that sandbox. May be it might be missing the following line in /etc/hosts file

127.0.1.1 ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com

Contributor

Do i need to include 127.0.1.1 ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com in my /etc/hosts?

Rising Star

The correct content to put in /etc/hosts is :

127.0.0.1 ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com

After that verify with command hostname -f. It should show the rectified hostname. Then stop and restart HST Agent as follows:

agent-operation.png

Contributor

@apathak. I tried and same issue. Here's the result and my current config.

/etc/hosts

13870-etc.png

hostname -f

13881-fqdn.png

/etc/sysconfig/network

13882-sysconfig.png

Let me know if there's incorrect config. 😞

Rising Star

@Bruce Perez,

I thought you wanted to use ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com as your hostname. But based on hosts file and network config , it looks like sandbox.hortonworks.com is the intended hostname. So , revert the change I had earlier recommended in /etc/hosts.

Main problem is multiple hostname configured for the same hosts. So , the incorrect host should probably be deleted. What do you see in when you click on Hosts on the top center of ambari view ? Do you see sandbox.hortonworks.com as your hostname ? If yes then, go ahead and use the delete command provided below. replace username, password and clustername.

Here is the command to delete using api :

curl -u [USERNAME]:[PASSWORD] -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -X DELETE http://10.69.161.179:8080/api/v1/clusters/[CLUSTERNAME]/hosts/ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com

Then stop and restart HST Agent as provided in screenshot earlier.

Contributor

@apathak: Thank you for your help. I was able to fix this issue. Cheers!!