Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

SmartSense Host Does Not Match

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

SmartSense Host Does Not Match

Hi,

I just recently installed smartsense in our server. I would like to ask if how can I resolve this message in my View in Ambari. Every time I open Smartsense View shows this message. See below.

Error Message in SmartSense View

13844-issue.png

Hostname (hostname -f)

13845-hostname.png

Services Status (Healthy)

13847-services.png

Not sure what is the effect of this as all components are healthy.

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks,

Bruce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SmartSense Host Does Not Match

Cloudera Employee

@Bruce Perez,

I thought you wanted to use ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com as your hostname. But based on hosts file and network config , it looks like sandbox.hortonworks.com is the intended hostname. So , revert the change I had earlier recommended in /etc/hosts.

Main problem is multiple hostname configured for the same hosts. So , the incorrect host should probably be deleted. What do you see in when you click on Hosts on the top center of ambari view ? Do you see sandbox.hortonworks.com as your hostname ? If yes then, go ahead and use the delete command provided below. replace username, password and clustername.

Here is the command to delete using api :

curl -u [USERNAME]:[PASSWORD] -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -X DELETE http://10.69.161.179:8080/api/v1/clusters/[CLUSTERNAME]/hosts/ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com

Then stop and restart HST Agent as provided in screenshot earlier.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

@Bruce Perez,

1. Can you please provide Ambari and SmartSense version ? Do you have any custom script to identify hostnames for Ambari ?

2. Pls execute this command and share the output : hst list-agents

we need "hostname -f" to be registered smartsense agent and it should also match with ambari-agent.

Highlighted

Upon checking http://10.69.161.179:8080/api/v1/hosts/, I saw that there is 2 associated hosts.

13863-host.png

hst list-agent

13859-hst.png

Versions

Ambari Version - 2.4.0.1

SmartSense Version - 1.3.0.0-1

Highlighted

Contributor

It might be possible that the hostname is not setup properly in that sandbox. May be it might be missing the following line in /etc/hosts file

127.0.1.1 ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com

Highlighted

Do i need to include 127.0.1.1 ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com in my /etc/hosts?

Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

The correct content to put in /etc/hosts is :

127.0.0.1 ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com

After that verify with command hostname -f. It should show the rectified hostname. Then stop and restart HST Agent as follows:

agent-operation.png

Highlighted

@apathak. I tried and same issue. Here's the result and my current config.

/etc/hosts

13870-etc.png

hostname -f

13881-fqdn.png

/etc/sysconfig/network

13882-sysconfig.png

Let me know if there's incorrect config.

Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

@Bruce Perez,

I thought you wanted to use ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com as your hostname. But based on hosts file and network config , it looks like sandbox.hortonworks.com is the intended hostname. So , revert the change I had earlier recommended in /etc/hosts.

Main problem is multiple hostname configured for the same hosts. So , the incorrect host should probably be deleted. What do you see in when you click on Hosts on the top center of ambari view ? Do you see sandbox.hortonworks.com as your hostname ? If yes then, go ahead and use the delete command provided below. replace username, password and clustername.

Here is the command to delete using api :

curl -u [USERNAME]:[PASSWORD] -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -X DELETE http://10.69.161.179:8080/api/v1/clusters/[CLUSTERNAME]/hosts/ip-10-69-161-179.dir.svc.accenture.comds.dev.accenture.com

Then stop and restart HST Agent as provided in screenshot earlier.

View solution in original post

@apathak: Thank you for your help. I was able to fix this issue. Cheers!!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here