Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Solr Banana Dashboard charts and data download

Rising Star

I have a Solr Banana dashboard that has shows some panels with charts and tables. Is there a way to export a dashboard with data so that a user can play with it offline without being connected to the solr server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The best you can do is export from a single component (i.e. table), take a screenshot of the dashboard or export the dashboard to load into another banana instance. The reason why you can't do an offline dashboard is because you would need the entire index. Dashboards typically contain summarized data and/or a subset of detailed records. In order for the dashboard to remain interactive (search, filter, faceting, etc) you would need the entire data set offline because it does all of the counts/aggregations on the fly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You should add a details panel which lists tabular data. This widget then has an Export/Save action.

The best you can do is export from a single component (i.e. table), take a screenshot of the dashboard or export the dashboard to load into another banana instance. The reason why you can't do an offline dashboard is because you would need the entire index. Dashboards typically contain summarized data and/or a subset of detailed records. In order for the dashboard to remain interactive (search, filter, faceting, etc) you would need the entire data set offline because it does all of the counts/aggregations on the fly.