Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Solr Server not starting

Explorer

I installed the CDH5 single node pseudo mode. Then i installed the solr in solrcloud mode. And when I start the solr server it does not start. I see the following error in the solr.out file. Any help is much appreciated.

WARNING: error instantiating 'org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager' referenced by java.util.logging.manager, class not found
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager not found
<<No stacktrace available>>
WARNING: error instantiating '1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,' referenced by handlers, class not found
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
Exception during runtime initialization
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

I got this resolved. Somehoe tomcat (embedded with solr) was not finding the jdk path and was using another jre. I set the appropriate env variables and now its working finr.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Explorer

I got this resolved. Somehoe tomcat (embedded with solr) was not finding the jdk path and was using another jre. I set the appropriate env variables and now its working finr.

Guru

Thanks for closing the loop and letting us know the solution!  Glad it's working.

New Contributor

Hi all,

i am facing same problem. i have already followed the same step that guys suggest.

but not foungd any positive result.

anyone of you please suggest me.

regards,

Pawan Tyagi