Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Solr error on Hue: You must set the HdfsDirectoryFactory param solr.hdfs.home for relative dataDir paths to work

Highlighted

Solr error on Hue: You must set the HdfsDirectoryFactory param solr.hdfs.home for relative dataDir paths to work

Rising Star

Hi,

My environment:

Centos7,

Ambari 2.4.2

HDP 2.4.2

Hue 3.11.0

Solr 5.3.0

I get the following error when I try to open example data like twitter data, web search and yelp reviews.

You must set the HdfsDirectoryFactory param solr.hdfs.home for relative dataDir paths to work.

Initially, my installation was not configured to connect hfs and error was the same.

I followed the following tutorial:

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/30482/how-to-deploy-apache-solr-as-solrcloud-on-hdfs-in.h...

However, the error is still the same when I try to reinstall examples on Hue wizard.

I searched and updated all solrconfig.xml files under /opt/solr/ (there was about 9 files within the examples directories)

Any comments appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Solr error on Hue: You must set the HdfsDirectoryFactory param solr.hdfs.home for relative dataDir paths to work

Rising Star

Hi people who has the same problem on Hue....

I was restarting solr over Ambari and apparently Ambari did not start it on cloud mode.

I stopped it and started with the following command which is inside my reference tutorial in my question

Navigate to

/opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/

(/opt/solr/latest/ for my case)

1. bin/solr start -c (1)
  2. -z 10.0.0.1:2181,10.0.0.2:2181,10.0.0.3:2181(2)
  3. -Dsolr.directoryFactory=HdfsDirectoryFactory(3)
  4. -Dsolr.lock.type=hdfs (4)
  5. -Dsolr.hdfs.home=hdfs://host:port/path (5)

Now I am getting another error whenever I try to load an example and/or create a new index:

Can not find the specified config set <collectionName>

:)

Even though this answer was achieved, I am still open for my new problem. I'll search for it now I though :)

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here