Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Solr indexing exception using CDH Cloudera Express 5.5.1

Solr indexing exception using CDH Cloudera Express 5.5.1

Explorer

I am running a map reduce job that indexes a Solr collection , I use a shaded jar that has the the code for the job.

The job is running on a CDH cluster( Cloudera Express 5.5.1 ) and when the processing of the data completes and the data is indexed in the Solr collection , I see the following error/exception in the logs , I believe this is because of the incompatible solrj jar that comes with CDH 5.5.1 , when I run this locally using solrj4.6.0 this runs with out any error , I believe the Solrj version in CDH is 4.13.0 and it is taking precedence over the solrj jar contained in the shaded solrj jar.

I am not a 100% sure but this appears to occur only in the node that is both a NameNode and DataNode , nodes that are DataNode only in the cluster do not seem to have this issue.

How do I make sure that the jar contained in the shaded jar takes precedence over the Solr jars that come with CDH?

Error that appears in the log.

2017-01-08 02:06:37,909 INFO [FetcherThread] org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher: fetch of  failed with: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.LBHttpSolrServer.<init>(Lorg/apache/http/client/HttpClient;[Ljava/lang/String;)V
    at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrServer.<init>(CloudSolrServer.java:125)
    at com.dynaobject.DynaOCrawlerUtils.SolrCallbackForNXParser.<init>(SolrCallbackForNXParser.java:78)
    at com.dynaobject.DynaOCrawlerUtils.SolrDynaOUtils.populateSolrIndexFromCurrentURL(SolrDynaOUtils.java:722)
    at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher$FetcherThread.run(Fetcher.java:717)