Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Solr-to-Ranger error

Highlighted

Solr-to-Ranger error

Mentor

Hi all,

I have joined a new project and one the issues or tasks is the Ranger audit to default Solr installed with Ambari_infra which is not working I am NOT a Solr guru.

This is a HDP 2.5 and ambari 2.4.2 running on Ubuntu 14. The current installation has 2 versions of Solr the infra and Solr apache lucene on /optwhich was installed as a second option because the infra had failed.

But now when I go to the Ranger UI the audit UI is empty. I have 2 redundant Solr installationsthat are not working.

When I deactivate the External solrCloud Ranger doesn't restart? Is it possible to remove the Ambari_infra component and reinstall?

CAn someone help me sort out this mess?

Brilliant ideas welcome

solrranger-config.png
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Solr-to-Ranger error

Explorer

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

At one point of time you can only have either default-solr or Ambrari-Infra Solr

As, hortonworks recommends Ambari-solr to store the Ranger audit logs

See the following steps to be done

1- you need to stop the running default-solr instance, with the below script

/opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/ranger_audit_server/scripts/stop_solr.sh

2- To enable Ranger to store its audits in Ambari-Solr, you need to

>> Under Audit to Solr, clickOFFunder SolrCloud to enable SolrCloud. The button label will change to ON, and the SolrCloud configuration settings will be loaded automatically.

Ref: -https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.0/bk_security/content/ranger_audit_settings.h...

Let me know if this works

Highlighted

Re: Solr-to-Ranger error

Mentor

@suresh kumar c

Hi I did exactly that and Ranger couldn't start so I reverted and everything is working again, I know thats NOT a clean installation I have inherited but I want a smart way to switch things to Ambari_infra without making the cluster unusable.I have ONLY one cluster for DEV,UAT and PROD....:-)

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here