Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Solr trucated results

Highlighted

Solr trucated results

New Contributor
Hi,
I've encountered an issue with Solr 4.10.3 and Hue 3.10: in Cloudera Search some searches that return documents with a large field only show a small portion of the returned results. These portions only contain the highlighted matches and some text before and after the highlights and vary from search to search.

If, for instance, I search a word that is on the top of the document, I only get the top of the document, if I search a string which occurs in the bottom, I only get that part. If I search two strings, one which occurs at the top and the other on the bottom, I get the whole document as a result. 

This problem occurs both in a HTML view (using {{field_name}} for retrieving the desidered result), both in the Grid view. In the latter scenario, filtering for the the desired field, the result snippet contains only a small portion of the entire field, while expanding the result it appears complete.

Have you ever encountered the same problem?

How could I assure that in the HTML view, using {{field_name}} the field is always returned in its complete form?

Thank you,
Stefano