Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Spark 1.6 pyspark ML limitations for saving model

Highlighted

Spark 1.6 pyspark ML limitations for saving model

Rising Star

Hello,

Its been a whole week, i have been sturggling with default spark 1.6 , I have trained a model using pyspark ML but i am not able save the model, main reason is that save method is missing from library due to older version. 

Then i tried to updgrade it using right instructions, installation gets completed it goes to good health. But the conf folder for spark 2 is always empty i tried to put required stuff there but it doesn't help. I have a deadline coming if any one could help me asap ? please

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Spark 1.6 pyspark ML limitations for saving model

Expert Contributor

Hello @hadoopNoob

...but the conf folder for spark 2 is always empty 

The symptoms you have shared indicates that the node from where you're trying to run spark2 binaries doesn't have a gateway role. I am assuming that you are using Cloudera Manager to manage your CDH cluster(?) If yes, please see the documentation Step 5b which requires that we configure a gateway role on the host(s) (usually edge node) from where we plan to launch spark2 binaries (like spark2-shell, spark2-submit, pyspark2).

S2HS.png

Once you'd added a gateway role, redeploy client configuration which will ensure that conf directory for spark2 is populated with all the required configurations and xml files.

# alternatives --display spark2-conf
spark2-conf - status is auto.
link currently points to /etc/spark2/conf.cloudera.spark2_on_yarn
/opt/cloudera/parcels/SPARK2-2.2.0.cloudera1-1.cdh5.12.0.p0.142354/etc/spark2/conf.dist - priority 10
/etc/spark2/conf.cloudera.spark2_on_yarn - priority 51
Current `best' version is /etc/spark2/conf.cloudera.spark2_on_yarn.

Please do note that Spark2.2 and above requires JDK8, this is stated here in addition to other prerequisites. 

Let us know how it goes. Good Luck!

Amit

Re: Spark 1.6 pyspark ML limitations for saving model

Rising Star
Alright, but this wasn't the issue. I have fixed it some how. Thanks for your quick reply !