Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Spring-Hadoop Integration: Job.split could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1).

Spring-Hadoop Integration: Job.split could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1).

New Contributor

I have installed the HDP 2.6.1 virtual box installation which is a single node hadoop cluster.

I am have been trying to run the a sample word count project for Spring Hadoop integration, taking code from the following url: https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-hadoop-samples.

I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'runner': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.io.IOException): File /tmp/hadoop-yarn/staging/singhs2/.staging/job_1510100113370_0006/job.split could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1). There are 1 datanode(s) running and 1 node(s) are excluded in this operation. at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager.chooseTarget4NewBlock(BlockManager.java:1708)

Can some one help me how to resolve this.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Spring-Hadoop Integration: Job.split could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1).

Expert Contributor

Take a look at your Ambari Dashboard and let us know what the HDFS Disk Usage indicates.

Re: Spring-Hadoop Integration: Job.split could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1).

New Contributor

HDFS Disk usage shows 41% . the following on click on it.

42631-disk-usage.jpg