Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Sqoop: Incremental import of BLOB data using merge-key Error: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.sqoop.lib.BlobRef.writeInternal(BlobRef.java:98)

Sqoop: Incremental import of BLOB data using merge-key Error: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.sqoop.lib.BlobRef.writeInternal(BlobRef.java:98)

Hi @Geoffrey Shelton Okot

I am using HDP- 2.5.3 and Sqoop version: 1.4.6. I am trying to import tables in Oracle DB to Sqoop. One of my table has BLOB data in it. While I am incrementally importing it am also using Merge-key with primary key. But I am getting the Null pointer Exception.

Error: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.sqoop.lib.BlobRef.writeInternal(BlobRef.java:98) at org.apache.sqoop.lib.LobRef.write(LobRef.java:307) at org.apache.sqoop.lib.LobSerializer.writeBlob(LobSerializer.java:38) at com.cloudera.sqoop.lib.LobSerializer.writeBlob(LobSerializer.java:41) at QueryResult.write(QueryResult.java:343) at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.MergeRecord.write(MergeRecord.java:124)

I am not sure how to proceed further.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Jyothi

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here