Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Sqoop action ends NoClassDefFoundError for org/apache/hadoop/hive/metastore/IMetaStoreClient

Sqoop action ends NoClassDefFoundError for org/apache/hadoop/hive/metastore/IMetaStoreClient

Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to lunch a Sqoop export action in oozie. The job exists with the following error:

The action is defined as follows:

<sqoop xmlns="uri:oozie:sqoop-action:0.3">
    <job-tracker>${jobTracker}</job-tracker>
    <name-node>${nameNode}</name-node>

<arg>export</arg>
    <arg>--connect</arg>
    <arg>${NZ_JDBC_url}</arg>
    <arg>--table</arg>
    <arg>${NZ_table_name}</arg>
    <arg>--username</arg>
    <arg>${NZ_username}</arg>

<arg>--password-file</arg>
    <arg>${passwordfile_path}</arg>
    <arg>--hcatalog-database</arg>
    <arg>${hcat_db}</arg>
    <arg>--hcatalog-table</arg>
    <arg>${hcat_table}</arg>
    <arg>--batch</arg>
    <file>${passwordfile_path}#passwordfile</file>

</sqoop>

The error :

Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SqoopMain], main() threw exception, org/apache/hadoop/hive/metastore/IMetaStoreClient java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hive/metastore/IMetaStoreClient     at org.apache.sqoop.tool.BaseSqoopTool.validateHCatalogOptions(BaseSqoopTool.java:1706)

I also tested with the hive example provided in Oozie source. it works fine, and I have noticed in the launch_container.sh logs the number of loaded jars is not the same. In the case of Hive Action there's more than 203 jars loaded but for sqoop action only 36 and there'es no hive jar in them..

I guess it's a sharelib problem but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here