Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Sqoop import as-avrodatafile fails; please tell me where I am going wrong

Sqoop import as-avrodatafile fails; please tell me where I am going wrong

New Contributor

I am trying this solution but for some reason it is not working for me. please tell me where I am going wrong

sqoop-import -Dmapreduce.job.user.classpath.first=true -Dhadoop.security.credential.provider.path=jceks://x.jceks \
--connect="jdbc:mysql://quickstart.cloudera:3306/retail_db" \
--username retail_dba \
--password cloudera \
--table=departments \
--hive-import \
--as-avrodatafile

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Sqoop import as-avrodatafile fails with java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.avro.reflect.ReflectData.addLogicalTypeConversion

New Contributor

for some reason this is not working for me. please help me with where I am going wrong

sqoop-import -Dmapreduce.job.user.classpath.first=true -Dhadoop.security.credential.provider.path=jceks://x.jceks \
--connect="jdbc:mysql://quickstart.cloudera:3306/retail_db" \
--username retail_dba \
--password cloudera \
--table=departments \
--hive-import \
--as-avrodatafile

Highlighted

Re: Sqoop import as-avrodatafile fails with java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.avro.reflect.ReflectData.addLogicalTypeConversion

Community Manager

@saskan the two questions above were moved into this newly-created thread because you posted both of them12-28-2019 to a thread with an accepted solution posted ‎10-10-2016. 

You will be much more likely to obtain a response from other members of this community if you provide some additional context here, such as:

• What version of Sqoop are you using?
  • Is it the same one that ships with the Cloudera Quickstart? If so, what version of the Quickstart are you using?
  • Are you following the steps from a tutorial? If so, which one?

You also might try posting a screen shot of the error message you're receiving.

Bill Brooks, Community Manager
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Highlighted

New Contributor

No I am not using this form a tutorial. I got it from the community.

I am using the sqoop version Sqoop 1.4.6-cdh5.13.0

Highlighted

Master Collaborator

Did you try the new line escape char (\) on end of first line?

In the OP sample, his is all one line (no new line escape chars):

Dmapreduce.job.user.classpath.first=true Example: sqoop import -Dmapreduce.job.user.classpath.first=true -Dhadoop.security.credential.provider.path=jceks://x.jceks --connect jdbc:db2://xxx:60000/VKTXAP02 --username xx -password-alias xx --as-avrodatafile --target-dir xx/data/test --fields-terminated-by '\001' --table xx -m 1

Your sample has new line escape chars....

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven @ DFHZ

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here