Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Sqoop import data to hive and hdfs

Sqoop import data to hive and hdfs

New Contributor

Can we import data with sqoop into hdfs and hive?
I have try it with two different user (root and admin)
Below the command between root and admin

[Root]

sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://10.6.162.58/test_alpha --username pbd -P --table posts --hive-import --hive-database test_root --hive-table posts1 --hive-drop-import-delims --null-string '\\N' --null-non-string '\\N' --target-dir test_hive_root/2

[Admin]

sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://10.6.162.58/test_alpha --username pbd -P --table posts --hive-import --hive-database test_admin --hive-table posts1 --hive-drop-import-delims --null-string '\\N' --null-non-string '\\N' --target-dir test_hive_admin/2

It returns

Both ways successful import data to hive but both fail import to HDFS.

For root, it don't create directory that I've defined "test_hive_root/2"

For admin, it's just create directory "test_hive_admin/2" but only "success" file that have been created not the data (usually when I import it to HDFS, it will create "success" file and 4 more file)

How I can solve this problem?
Can sqoop import to HDFS and Hive?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Sqoop import data to hive and hdfs

I have never used it to do both at the same time and https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.5/bk_data-access/content/using_sqoop_to_move_... says "HDFS or Hive". Good luck and happy Hadooping!

Mentor

@muhammad hanif fahyuananto

I think your --target-dir test_hive_admin/2 should be --target-dir /test_hive_admin/2 note the slash assuming you have a hdfs directory /test_hive_admin/2 with the correct permissions and ownership.

Please revert

Mentor