Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Sqoop to Hive from mysql, Hive does not support the SQL type for column ssl_cipher

Sqoop to Hive from mysql, Hive does not support the SQL type for column ssl_cipher

Rising Star

Hi all,

I am setting up sqoop to import from mysql to hive, halfway running the mapreduce process, it showed me this error:

ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Hive does not support the SQL type for column ssl_cipher

The command I used is  sqoop import --connect "jdbc:mysql://IP address:3306/database?autoReconnect=true&useSSL=no" --table tablename --username user --hive-import --hive-table testmysql -m 1

I tried on both Mysql 5.7 and 5.1, both also gave me same error, anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Sqoop to Hive from mysql, Hive does not support the SQL type for column ssl_cipher

Rising Star

Try mapping the column to a compatible type: 

--map-column-hive ssl_cipher=%whateverType%

Here's another posting with what I suppose is the same problem for reference: link

Highlighted

Re: Sqoop to Hive from mysql, Hive does not support the SQL type for column ssl_cipher

Rising Star
Thanks for the reply!
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here