Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Sqoop2 Shell Error: value 494 for UID is less than the minimum UID allowed (500)

Highlighted

Sqoop2 Shell Error: value 494 for UID is less than the minimum UID allowed (500)

New Contributor

I'm getting this error as soon as I open Sqoop2 Shell to work on.

Error: value 494 for UID is less than the minimum UID allowed (500)

Can someone tell me how to make the sqoop2 shell working in Cloudera Hue

-Abhishek

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Sqoop2 Shell Error: value 494 for UID is less than the minimum UID allowed (500)

Expert Contributor

Assuming you're using CDH 4? I'd upgrade to CDH 5 and use the Sqoop2 app.

If you're prefer to use the shell, then make sure the user you're logged in as has a linux account with an ID larger than 500 on the Hue server.

Re: Sqoop2 Shell Error: value 494 for UID is less than the minimum UID allowed (500)

New Contributor

Thanks for you reply.

We installed CDH5, but we are unable to add jobs in sqoop app. When we click on +NewJob it is responding or else it is diplaying a blank page.

Can you please suggest a resulotion.

Regards

@abe wrote:

If you're prefer to use the shell, then make sure the user you're logged in as has a linux account with an ID larger than 500 on the Hue server.

@abe wrote:

@abe wrote:

Please help us to use shell in CDH5 as well. Unable to find that shell window or shell app in CDH5 like in CDH4.