Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Standby NameNode cant start in ambari cluster

Solved Go to solution

Re: Standby NameNode cant start in ambari cluster

we found this workaround - hadoop namenode -recover , is it other soultion for our problem ?

Michael-Bronson

hi jay just to clarify your instructions ( and regarding that standby name node on master01 and active node on master02 can you approve this steps

su - hdfs

hdfs dfsadmin -safemode leave ( on master02 )

cp -rp /hadoop/hdfs/journal/hdfsha/current /hadoop/hdfs/journal/hdfsha/current.orig ( on master02 )

rm -f /hadoop/hdfs/journal/hdfsha/current/* ( on master02 )

hdfs namenode -bootstrapStandby ( on master01 )

Michael-Bronson

New Contributor

I had created a new HA enabled cluster on EC2 instances. It came up without any issues. I then installed kerberos on two machines as master and slave, and then started the kerberos enable ambari wizard. At the last step of starting the services, Namenode start failed on both the nodes and gave same error as above. How this error came on a new setup and how to prevent it from coming up in my next environment setup?

New Contributor

I had created a new HA enabled cluster on EC2 instances. It came up without any issues. I then installed kerberos on two machines as master and slave, and then started the kerberos enable ambari wizard. At the last step of starting the services, Namenode start failed on both the nodes and gave same error as above. How this error came on a new setup and how to prevent it from coming up in my next environment setup?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here