Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Starting Solr on Ambari

Starting Solr on Ambari

Rising Star

Hi,

I installed Solr on Amabari (HDP2.5) on AWS. Amabri console shows that it is stopped and when i want to start Sorl is says that it is already running. Also i can see the process is running.

How can i make its status on amabri running too?

Thanks,

SJ

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py:165: DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python 2.6
  Logger.info("Skipping failure of {0} due to ignore_failures. Failure reason: {1}".format(resource, ex.message))
2017-02-24 02:32:57,032 - Solr is running, it cannot be started again
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Starting Solr on Ambari

Super Mentor

@Sanaz Janbakhsh

Do you see a PID file in the directory "/var/run/solr/" If yes then try deleting it and then restart the solr. Then check again from ambari.

Rising Star

Hi,

No there is no PID under /var/run/solr but still the state of Solr in amabari is stopped.

SJ

Highlighted

Explorer

Do you have Ambari Infra running on the same node as where you installed the Solr service?

Try this: list the solr process (ps -ef | grep ^infra) and find its process ID, let's say PID=3579, then do

su - infra-solr  -c 'echo 3579 > /var/run/ambari-infra-solr/solr-8886.pid'

Then wait a few moments, and Ambari will show Solr as running. After that you can try to restart Solr, and everything should be fine. By the way, solr-8886 means Solr running on port 8886.

Super Collaborator

@Sanaz Janbakhsh Is there a lock file in your index directory(s)? Solr may not start if there's a lock file. There's an option in Ambari 2.5 for Solr to delete the lock file before starting. There are pros and cons to this, but if you're starting all instances it is probably safe.

Hi Sanaz, we'll be happy to hear from you what happened with your Solr. Please consider HCC as a two-way street, exchange of experience, taking and giving. And by upvoting and accepting helpful answers you can help us better manage the site. Tnx!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here