Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Storm UI gets hang with 'Loading topology summary'

Storm UI gets hang with 'Loading topology summary'

New Contributor

Hi All

I'm unable to view the topology summary in Storm UI (in Ambari). The UI gets hang with "Loading Topology Summary" message. Please help me out to resolve this issue.

Ambari version : 2.6.0.0

HDP: 2.6.3.0

Storm : 1.1.0

Regards,

Sandeep

storm-ui-hang.png

storm-ui-hang.png
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Storm UI gets hang with 'Loading topology summary'

@Sandeep Kumar Try doing a hard refresh of the storm UI page "CRTL+SHIFT+R" (Chrome)

if it doesn't fix do clear the cookies from browser and retry.

New Contributor

Hi Sandeep, thanks for your kind response. I have tried doing the both options that you have suggested me. But still, i'm facing the same issue. I have killed the existing storm topology (from CLI) and submitted a new topology after that. Even the new topology does seem to be loading. Issue still persists.

Can you Please help me with another way-out for this issue.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar

@Sandeep Kumar Can you please try opening ui in another browser?

New Contributor

Sandeep, I have tried with multiple browsers as well. Issue is still replicating. May i know where can i find the storm logs in the unix server (ambari). They may help me understand what's the issue is.

log will be in the machine where UI daemon is running. path would be /var/log/storm/ui.log (default)

Highlighted

Mentor

@Sandeep Kumar is it possible that you're running into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-22518, it's always worth checking release notes for latest fixes. https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.6.1.0/bk_ambari-release-notes/content/ambari_reln.... Ambari 2.6.2 is out so it may be worth upgrading to the latest.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here