Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Storm supervisor is not writing pid in /var/run/storm on a worker node even access rights are given.

Storm supervisor is not writing pid in /var/run/storm on a worker node even access rights are given.

New Contributor

Ambari 1.2.1, HDP 2.3.0, Storm 0.10.0

Supervisor get started via Ambari, but the service check via jps fails. When I touch the PID file manually as user storm and run a service check status goes to green.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Storm supervisor is not writing pid in /var/run/storm on a worker node even access rights are given.

@Stephan Anné Time for jira to open this issue as bug.

Highlighted

Re: Storm supervisor is not writing pid in /var/run/storm on a worker node even access rights are given.

Mentor

Can you confirm the Ambari version? Ambari 1.2.1 is really old, I'm surprised that would even work with HDP 2.3.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Apologize for the typo; Ambari 2.1.2

Highlighted

Mentor

can you provide supervisor logs? Also double check the ulimit value for storm user. I usually do this

echo"storm - nproc 32768">> /etc/security/limits.conf

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here