Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Streaming analytics manager fail to deploy application because of DependencyResolutionException

Re: Streaming analytics manager fail to deploy application because of DependencyResolutionException

New Contributor

Last two responses are from last year.

Does that still apply to the question asked by @Yannick Bruyninckx two days back?

If not, then can someone from Hortonworks provide an answer as to why this issue is still happening on HDF 3.1.

We are evaluating using HDF 3.1 sandbox and getting exact same issue.

Re: Streaming analytics manager fail to deploy application because of DependencyResolutionException

New Contributor

I am facing the same issue in latest version of sam as on november 2018, was anyone able to fix this issue?

New Contributor

I ran into the same problem evaluating the HDF 3.1 sandbox on Ubuntu w/Docker.

According to https://docs.docker.com/network/bridge/#enable-forwarding-from-docker-containers-to-the-outside-worl... the "cda" network that the `docker-deploy-<version>.sh` creates won't have access to the outside world. This would explain why it can't get to repo1.maven.org. I tried running the two suggested commands from the Docker documentation and while I suspect it contributed to the fix, it didn't resolve the problem.

I used the Web Shell Client to login and edit /etc/resolv.conf to change the nameserver to a working one. At that point the topology deployed correctly.

I think as others have suggested, the better solution would be to bake the necessary dependencies into the docker image so that it doesn't need to get to the outside world for the demo to work. A little more sand in the sandbox...

Highlighted

Contributor

how to detemine the artifacts we need ??