Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Superset Druid query definition

Highlighted

Superset Druid query definition

Super Collaborator

Hi,

I am looking for a way to get only the very last row of data from a Druid cube into a Superset dashboard. Actually the data set is a time series and in a dashboard I want to present the very last state, so the row with the highest timestamp (' ts2' ). On the Druid side I made sure the data is not aggregated (by including the ts2 field as a dimension field)

My Druid datasource has the following fields:

64884-screen-shot-2018-03-27-at-45942-pm.png

So I thought if I put the query like this (granularity ALL, all fields in the NOT GROUPED BY box):

64887-screen-shot-2018-03-27-at-45831-pm.png

it should return the atomic, non aggregated rows and if I sort by the time stamp 'ts2' I should be able to return only the last row of data:

But it doesn't. Looking at the Druid query definition Superset creates out of this it makes sense:

64883-screen-shot-2018-03-27-at-42901-pm.png

{
  "queryType": "timeseries",
  "intervals": "2018-03-20T14:43:23+00:00/2018-03-27T14:43:23+00:00",
  "granularity": "all",
  "postAggregations": [],
  "aggregations": [
    {
      "type": "count",
      "name": "count"
    }
  ],
  "dataSource": "webmetricsIIts2"
}

None of my requested dimension columns of NOT GROUPED BY input box are in the query def.

Anyone got an idea how to do this?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Superset Druid query definition

New Contributor

Hi Jasper, Changing the visualization type to Big Number should work and display it as a Big Number, After that you will need to click on "Save As" button and add this slice to any dashboard of your choice.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here