Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Suspect BUG into HUE

Suspect BUG into HUE

New Contributor

Hi,

in Hue I think that there is a bug. When I try to launch Oozie workflow (any type of workflow) that points with a folder that is not associated with superuser hdfs, all of the files are moved in the trash.

Any advice?

Regards.

Sebastiano Ippolito.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Suspect BUG into HUE

When submitting, Hue will update the jars and files in the 'lib' directory of its workspace. This is the same for the jars of a Java action.

The files in the trash are automatically deleted after a certain amount of time (1 day in general).

If the workflow submitted is a shared one which is not own by the user, the deployment directory is re-created each time.

In your use case, is that preventing your workflow from running properly?

New Contributor
Hi,
I want to describe in details this situation. Have you a skype contact to talk with you?

Regards.

Sebastiano.
My skype id is: "sebippo"

I think I see what you mean: https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/HUE-1680

This happen one someones own workflow when not using a relative path for the 'Jar name' field.

This will be fixed in the next release of Hue. In the meantime:

Current workaround, don't use a full path for the jar file or don't put the 'Jar name' into lib, just put it one level up:

/user/hue/oozie/workspaces/_romain_-oozie-35-1382562916.43/lib/hadoop-annotations.jar

But a relative path:

lib/hadoop-annotations.jar