Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

The requested action was not found in configured module paths.

The requested action was not found in configured module paths.

New Contributor

First of all apologies, I'm quite new in this, even in vagrant, ansible and other virtualization techniques, hence I lack some experience to debug this properly.

I try to set up a test environment on a local VM (Debian 8 64bit) following the instructions at https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/tree/master/metron-deployment/vagrant/full-dev-platform.

The vm seems to be booted, but eventually crashes here:

node1: Running ansible-playbook... 
ERROR! The requested action was not found in configured module paths. Additionally, core modules are missing. If this is a checkout, run 'git submodule update --init --recursive' to correct this problem. 

The error appears to have been in '/root/git/incubator-metron/metron-deployment/playbooks/ambari_install.yml': line 21, column 7, but may be elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem. 

The offending line appears to be: 
  tasks:
     - include_vars: ../amazon-ec2/conf/defaults.yml
       ^ here 

The error appears to have been in '/root/git/incubator-metron/metron-deployment/playbooks/ambari_install.yml': line 21, column 7, but may be elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem. 

The offending line appears to be:
  tasks:
    - include_vars: ../amazon-ec2/conf/defaults.yml
      ^ here 
Ansible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should be visible above. Please fix these errors and try again.

I tried running "git submodule update --init --recursive" as suggested, but that didn't help.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: The requested action was not found in configured module paths.

Mentor

Did you get past this error? The reason you never received a response is you never set proper tags for Metron and you placed the question in wrong track. Metron questions go to cybersecurity. my suggestion is to make sure you have exact versions of the prerequisite software and try again. it took me a few tries before I got it to work.