Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

This alert is used to ensure that the Ranger Admin password in Ambari is correct.

Expert Contributor

Getting Alert: amb_user_admin credentials in Ambari UI is not in sync with Ranger.

Where can I make them in Sync..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Prakash Punj See this http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.4/bk_Ranger_Install_Guide/content/updating_ran...

Read it carefully.

There are 2 settings

• Ranger Admin user -- The credentials for this user are set in Configs > Advanced ranger-env in the fields labeledadmin_username (default value: admin) and admin_password (default value: admin).
  • Admin user used by Ambari to create repo/policies -- The user name for this user is set in Configs > Admin Settings in the field labeled Ranger Admin username for Ambari (default value: amb_ranger_admin). The password for this user is set in the field labeled Ranger Admin user's password for Ambari. This password is specified during the Ranger installation.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

@Neeraj Sabharwal

I was getting same alert, ambari 2.2.0, hdp 2.3.4. I updated both passwords (admin and amb_user_admin), alert turned green after few minutes.

Contributor

Neeraj, do you mean amb_ranger_admin ?

Expert Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal

I made sure all the following account password is same:

Ambari account for admin / password

In the Advanced config of ranger service (screen shot)

Ranger Interface:  Admin: admin / password

2452-ranger2.jpg

ranger1.jpg

Expert Contributor

Even i faced the same problem while upgrading the HDP version.

I just logged into Ranger UI as admin user, and in the user section i reset the same password for "admin" and "amb_ranger_admin" users and restarted ranger service. This worked for me.