Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

This alert is used to ensure that the Ranger Admin password in Ambari is correct.

Expert Contributor

Getting Alert: amb_user_admin credentials in Ambari UI is not in sync with Ranger.

Where can I make them in Sync..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Prakash Punj See this http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.4/bk_Ranger_Install_Guide/content/updating_ran...

Read it carefully.

There are 2 settings

• Ranger Admin user -- The credentials for this user are set in Configs > Advanced ranger-env in the fields labeledadmin_username (default value: admin) and admin_password (default value: admin).
  • Admin user used by Ambari to create repo/policies -- The user name for this user is set in Configs > Admin Settings in the field labeled Ranger Admin username for Ambari (default value: amb_ranger_admin). The password for this user is set in the field labeled Ranger Admin user's password for Ambari. This password is specified during the Ranger installation.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Master Mentor

@Prakash Punj See this http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.4/bk_Ranger_Install_Guide/content/updating_ran...

Read it carefully.

There are 2 settings

• Ranger Admin user -- The credentials for this user are set in Configs > Advanced ranger-env in the fields labeledadmin_username (default value: admin) and admin_password (default value: admin).
  • Admin user used by Ambari to create repo/policies -- The user name for this user is set in Configs > Admin Settings in the field labeled Ranger Admin username for Ambari (default value: amb_ranger_admin). The password for this user is set in the field labeled Ranger Admin user's password for Ambari. This password is specified during the Ranger installation.

Master Mentor

@Prakash Punj Did you get chance to test this?

Expert Contributor
@Neeraj Sabharwal

Actually instructions are not very clear to me. All I did was made all those password same. But still the alert is there. I don't understand where it says "update the passwords on the Configs page of each Ambari component that has the Ranger plugin enabled" I have ranger plugin enabled for Hive and Hbase but there do I need to update the password.

Thanks

Master Mentor

@Prakash Punj

Did you change your Ranger UI admin password? If you did then you have to update Ambari with new password

Expert Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal

currently Ranger UI account (admin) password, and passwords as per this screen ( Ambari Ranger services configuration) as per the link below are all the same. Anything else I am missing here.

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.4/bk_Ranger_Install_Guide/content/updating_ran...

Master Mentor

@Prakash Punj If you changed the Ranger UI password then you have to update 2nd part in the screenshot "admin_username"

1st part if if you change admin password for Ambari

Master Mentor

@Prakash Punj Restart ranger and ambari

Expert Contributor
@Neeraj Sabharwal

THIS APPEARS TO BE FIXED. I dont see any alerts anymore.

Thanks

Contributor

Updated the user admin , password under Advanced ranger-ev

to

Same password of amb_ranger_admin password .

( both ranger_admin_password and admin_password are same ) .

Still No luck.