Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

This issue With ambari Hive View what causes: "H100 Unable to submit statement show databases like '*': org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe (write failed)"?

Contributor

Able to connect to HIVE through Beeline for User but unable to connect to HIVE through Ambari even after cleared History and Cookies for user and even after using different bowers.

40819-ambari-hive.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Sai Sandeep,

Can you paste the error stack in hive20-view.log located in /var/log/ambari-server/hive20-view

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Super Guru

@Sai Sandeep,

There are multiple reasons for which this may happen. You can try below

1) Try refreshing the page and check if it works.

2) Restart ambari server and hive service

3) If above 2 doesn't work, try restarting yarn

To restart ambari server, run the below in ambari server host

ambari-server restart

Additional reference:

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/1288/with-hive-view-what-causes-h100-unable-to-submit-s....

Thanks,

Aditya

Contributor

Is there any alternate way to resolve this error, without doing any restart the ambari- server or yarn server?

Super Guru
@Sai Sandeep,

I'm not sure of any other solution right now. I will definitely post it if I find any. Meanwhile, can you please give this a try and see if it works.

Master Mentor

@Sai Sandeep,

Can you paste the error stack in hive20-view.log located in /var/log/ambari-server/hive20-view

Contributor

could you be more specific, As I am unable to fine that file.

Master Mentor

@Sai Sandeep,

See the location in the attached screenshot! You can navigate to those directories for the hive view ,file view errors 🙂

hive-file-view-location.jpg

Contributor

Sorry unable to find it.