Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Trigger GetFile NiFi

Trigger GetFile NiFi

New Contributor

How can I trigger GetFile processor when new files are created in another directory. I have two flows and want to start the second flow only when the first flow have created a file in directory not watched by the GetFile from the second flow.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Trigger GetFile NiFi

Expert Contributor

The below might be helpful as an approach. In the example, groovy is used to dynamically update properties in NiFi using the rest API.

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/3160/update-nifi-flow-on-the-fly-via-api.html

In the first flow, you could have an executeProcessorScript (after files been created in directory) that runs a groovy/python script to start your 2nd flow.

Re: Trigger GetFile NiFi

Hi @Darek Krysmann,

Perhaps I am missing something but why not use a GetFile processor with KeepSourceFile enabled to trigger the second flow? Seems like that would achieve the desired functionality.

Do you necessarily need to trigger another GetFile? If you comment here with your specific use case then I can help further.