Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Trouble Starting Cloudera Quickstart on Windows 10

Trouble Starting Cloudera Quickstart on Windows 10

New Contributor

I recently downloaded cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.4.2-0-vmware and opened the appropriate file in VMWare player. However, when I ran the virtual machine, I end up with a screen with a maxed out loading bar and the words "CentOS 6.4" frozen on-screen. I've waited 15 minutes and it didn't change, so I came here for some help.

Some of the other posts mentioned that you need to enable an option in BIOS for virtual machines to work, but I have run other VMs without a problem, such as the cloudera udacity training one.

I didn't receive any error messages. I am using Windows 10, I have enough RAM, and a 64-bit system.

Thanks for any and all help!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Trouble Starting Cloudera Quickstart on Windows 10

Master Collaborator
If you hit Alt+Tab at that point I'd expect it to switch to a terminal
showing the most recent lines from the boot log. That may give some clues
as to where it's stuck.

Re: Trouble Starting Cloudera Quickstart on Windows 10

New Contributor

I had similar issue. I am using Virtualbox. Problem was in the configuration method, I earlier created a new virtual machine using .vmdk file.

Instead what you need to do is, Import the appliance using ovf file (for Virtualbox, File -> Import appliance -> choose your ovf file)