Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Trying Visualise in SUPERSET but Hive is giving Execution Error ?

Highlighted

Trying Visualise in SUPERSET but Hive is giving Execution Error ?

New Contributor

I have Configured HDP 2.6 everything is working fine.
Even I am able to connect to hive using superset.

when i am trying to visualise the data finding respective error:

(pyhive.exc.OperationalError) TExecuteStatementResp(operationHandle=None, status=TStatus(sqlState='08S01', infoMessages=['*org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException:Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezTask:28:27', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.Operation:toSQLException:Operation.java:324', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation:runQuery:SQLOperation.java:199', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation:runInternal:SQLOperation.java:230', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.Operation:run:Operation.java:264', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionImpl:executeStatementInternal:HiveSessionImpl.java:479', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionImpl:executeStatement:HiveSessionImpl.java:454', 'sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor41:invoke::-1', 'sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl:invoke:DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43', 'java.lang.reflect.Method:invoke:Method.java:498', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy:invoke:HiveSessionProxy.java:78', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy:access$000:HiveSessionProxy.java:36', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy$1:run:HiveSessionProxy.java:63', 'java.security.AccessController:doPrivileged:AccessController.java:-2', 'javax.security.auth.Subject:doAs:Subject.java:422', 'org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation:doAs:UserGroupInformation.java:1866', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy:invoke:HiveSessionProxy.java:59', 'com.sun.proxy.$Proxy24:executeStatement::-1', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.CLIService:executeStatement:CLIService.java:285', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService:ExecuteStatement:ThriftCLIService.java:510', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$ExecuteStatement:getResult:TCLIService.java:1377', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$ExecuteStatement:getResult:TCLIService.java:1362', 'org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction:process:ProcessFunction.java:39', 'org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor:process:TBaseProcessor.java:39', 'org.apache.hive.service.auth.TSetIpAddressProcessor:process:TSetIpAddressProcessor.java:56', 'org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess:run:TThreadPoolServer.java:286', 'java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor:runWorker:ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142', 'java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker:run:ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617', 'java.lang.Thread:run:Thread.java:745'], errorCode=1, errorMessage='Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezTask', statusCode=3)) [SQL: 'SELECT `createdby` AS `createdby`, COUNT(*) AS `count` \nFROM `jobs` GROUP BY `createdby` ORDER BY `count` DESC\n LIMIT 5000']

Even I have tried with changing the execution engine(tez and mr)

Error image:Please help.

93468-screenshot-from-2018-10-30-12-55-03.png

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Re: Trying Visualise in SUPERSET but Hive is giving Execution Error ?

New Contributor

Can you please provide the details of how to connect to hive from superset?

So that I can query Hive from Super set SQL Lab.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here