Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Trying to connect to Impala server that uses kerberos using the ibis package.

Trying to connect to Impala server that uses kerberos using the ibis package.

New Contributor

I'm trying to connect to Impala server that uses kerberos using the ibis.impala.connect like so:

import ibis

client = ibis.impala.connect(host='grid.company.corp',
port=21050,
auth_mechanism='GSSAPI',
use_ssl=True,
kerberos_service_name='impala',
ca_cert='D:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\cachain')

But I keep getting the following error:

D:\Archivos de programa\Miniconda2\envs\anaconda\lib\site-packages\ibis\sql\postgres\compiler.py:175: UserWarning: locale specific date formats (%c, %x, %X) are not yet implemented for Windows
  'for %s' % platform.system()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Jupyter Notebooks\PPCs\impyla.py", line 9, in <module>    ca_cert='D:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\cachain')
  File "D:\Archivos de programa\Miniconda2\envs\anaconda\lib\site-packages\ibis\impala\api.py", line 97, in connect
    con = ImpalaConnection(pool_size=pool_size, **params)
  File "D:\Archivos de programa\Miniconda2\envs\anaconda\lib\site-packages\ibis\impala\client.py", line 87, in __init__
    self.ping()
  File "D:\Archivos de programa\Miniconda2\envs\anaconda\lib\site-packages\ibis\impala\client.py", line 182, in ping
    self._new_cursor()
  File "D:\Archivos de programa\Miniconda2\envs\anaconda\lib\site-packages\ibis\impala\client.py", line 167, in _new_cursor
    con = impyla.connect(database=self.database, **params)
  File "D:\Archivos de programa\Miniconda2\envs\anaconda\lib\site-packages\impala\dbapi.py", line 147, in connect
    auth_mechanism=auth_mechanism)
  File "D:\Archivos de programa\Miniconda2\envs\anaconda\lib\site-packages\impala\hiveserver2.py", line 658, in connect
    transport.open()
  File "build\bdist.win-amd64\egg\thrift_sasl\__init__.py", line 61, in open
  File "D:\Archivos de programa\Miniconda2\envs\anaconda\lib\site-packages\thrift\transport\TSSLSocket.py", line 120, in open
    self._validate_cert()
  File "D:\Archivos de programa\Miniconda2\envs\anaconda\lib\site-packages\thrift\transport\TSSLSocket.py", line 157, in _validate_cert
    'provided commonName "%s"' % (self.host, certhost))thrift.transport.TTransport.TTransportException: Hostname we connected to "grid.company.corp" doesn't match certificate provided commonName "server.company.corp"

Running Windows 7 with python 2.7 installed using Anaconda.

I have the Impala ODBC set up and it works fine.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Trying to connect to Impala server that uses kerberos using the ibis package.

Guru

Hi

The error message indicated that the certificate provided is not correct:

Hostname we connected to "grid.company.corp" doesn't match certificate provided commonName "server.company.corp"

Please doubt check that first.

Re: Trying to connect to Impala server that uses kerberos using the ibis package.

New Contributor

Hey EricL thanks for your reply,

I asked our IT team for a new certififcate and got the same error, whats weird is that I can connect using the Impala ODBC driver with the same certififcate that I'm using for the ibis conection.

The ODBC configuration is:

Guru

Hi,

Can you confirm that you do not have load balancer for impala? I can't think of any other reasons that might have caused this.

New Contributor
Yes it does have a load balancer which is the one called grid.company.corp
Highlighted

New Contributor

Did you happen to find a solution for this??

Thanks in advance