Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Tutorial-830 cannot be completed with the HDF sandbox version 3.1.0

Contributor

Tutorial name: Real-Time Event Processing In NiFi, SAM, Schema Registry and SuperSet

Platform version: HDF 3.1
Link to tutorial: https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/real-time-event-processing-in-nifi-sam-schema-registry-and-superset...

Description of issue: Step 5.2 directs user to "Turn on the HDFS, YARN, Druid and Superset services and make sure to turn off maintenance mode." None of these services are present in the sandbox-hdf-standalone:3.1.0 Docker for Windows sandbox.

Proposed fix (if any): Add the services to the sandbox.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator
@Dave Welden

We've officially published new HDF 3.1.1 (and HDP 2.6.5) sandbox and tutorials have been updated. Please download latest sandbox and revisit tutorial.

Hortonworks Downloads Page

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Super Collaborator
@Dave Welden

This tutorial is currently being updated in support of the soon to be released sandbox. It will be available soon.

Super Collaborator
@Dave Welden

We've officially published new HDF 3.1.1 (and HDP 2.6.5) sandbox and tutorials have been updated. Please download latest sandbox and revisit tutorial.

Hortonworks Downloads Page

Contributor

Hi @gdeleon, I will when the Windows Docker download and/or powershell scripts are ready. The shell scripts are not useful for me and not sure I could properly translate from sh to ps myself.

@acastro

Is this tutorial now updated? Does it need a new Sandbox?

Contributor

@Rafael Coss the tutorial has been updated to work with the latest HDF3.1.1 Sandbox.

To download the latest HDF3.1.1 Sandbox: Hortonworks Downloads Page

To updated HDF Tutorials: Hortonworks HDF Tutorials

Contributor

@Dave Welden the HDF tutorials have been updated to work with the latest HDF3.1.1 sandbox which includes the Advanced Topic of Connected Architecture (CDA) in Appendix A. CDA allows you to have both the HDF and HDP Sandboxes running simultaneously. This architecture will give you access to both the HDF/HDP services including HDFS, YARN, Druid and SupertSet.

-You can download the latest HDF 3.1.1 Sandbox here.

-Check out the updated tutorial:Real-Time Event Processing in NiFi, SAM, Schema Registry and Superset

Let us know if you have any questions or if you run into any issues.