Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Twitter Data is in HIVE - How do I visualise it?

Explorer

Hi

I am currently storing live twitter feeds via flume in to Hive. Next I'd like to visualise the data in real-time. How best can I achieve this and what visualisation tool do you recommend I use (as a beginner). I've attempted to do this in Tableau desktop, but wasn't able to populate graphs in real time and had issues with formatting the twitter time/date stamp in tableau.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Hi Raf Mohammed

if you want to do some real-time analysis on twitter do not go with hive or some traditional reporting tools. use flume for pulling data and store data in Elasticsearch and do visualization in Kibana. if you want to do some real-time analytics such as Sentiment Analysis try Flume+Spark Streaming+Elasticsearch+Kibana @Raf Mohammed

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

@Raf Mohammed

Here is an example visualiszation of tweets with Solr and Zepplin dashboard of tweets

Explorer

Hi Geoffrey, thanks for this link, I've also come across this, however i have data already coming in from twitter via flume and storing it in HIVE, therefor I was hoping to visualise the existing data stream i have from HIVE.

Contributor

Hi Raf Mohammed

if you want to do some real-time analysis on twitter do not go with hive or some traditional reporting tools. use flume for pulling data and store data in Elasticsearch and do visualization in Kibana. if you want to do some real-time analytics such as Sentiment Analysis try Flume+Spark Streaming+Elasticsearch+Kibana @Raf Mohammed

New Contributor

Hello - Please let me know if Kibana can be deployed as a webpage or website?

Thanks

Vineet

New Contributor

Hi @Raf Mohammed, did you come up with a solution to your question? I have a similar situation and wondered where you landed. Thank you.