Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Unable to Conect Ambari,unable to start Ambari Services through terminal

I am using machine by setup AWS instance. my url is namenode:8080 ,it is showing me the following message, "Unable to connect to Ambari Server. Confirm Ambari Server is running and you can reach Ambari Server from this machine."
so i go into terminal and put the command for start all services : " ./ start-all-services.sh"
it does not start the services and give me message :
"Failed to connect namenode 8080"
before this i successfully login in ambari. plese help

Hi I am unable to login Ambari. it give me message "Unable to Connect Ambari Server Confirm Ambari server is running" so i need to start all service by using command " ./ start-all-service.sh"
but after this command i got message :
"Failed to Connect to namenode port 8080"
how i solve this issue ?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Unable to Conect Ambari,unable to start Ambari Services through terminal

Super Mentor

@Mudassar Hussain

As you are getting the "Failed to Connect to namenode port 8080" Usually that indicates that either

1. The Hostname is not resolvable from your machine.

2. You have not Opened the port 8080 in your Security Group used for master.

3. Instead of DNS name try using public IP (also try Private IP) to connect to ambari.

4. Check if the IPTables is disabled (or configured in such a way that it allows port access from remote machine).

5. If you are able to do SSH to the AWS instance then please check if the ambari port actually opened or not? Or if there is any error in ambari logs?

# netstat -tnlpa | grep 8080
# less /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log

6. If you see that ambari server port is not opened then try starting it using the command and then review the following logs for any issues:

# ambari-server start
# less /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out
# less /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log
# netstat -tnlpa | grep 8080

As a reference please have a look at:

https://hortonworks.com/blog/deploying-hadoop-cluster-amazon-ec2-hortonworks/

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/14512/ambari-on-ec2.html