Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Check out our newest addition to the community, the Cloudera Innovation Accelerator group hub.

Unable to Start Ambari server after installation ? (AmbariServer:1073 - Failed to run the Ambari Server)

New Contributor

I installed Ambari server 2.6.0.0. But previously i installed in same server older version of ambari (2.2.0.0) by mistake and cleaned completely based on one of the article given here. Now I started fresh installation , after Ambari setup , I got below error, when I try to start Ambari-server

==============================================================================================

AmbariServer:1073 - Failed to run the Ambari Server org.apache.ambari.server.AmbariException: Current database store version is not compatible with current server version, serverVersion=2.6.0.0, schemaVersion=2.2.0.0 at org.apache.ambari.server.checks.DatabaseConsistencyCheckHelper.checkDBVersionCompatible(DatabaseConsistencyCheckHelper.java:245) at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer.main(AmbariServer.java:1058)

3 REPLIES 3

Cloudera Employee

You clean the db by executing

ambari-server stop

ambari-server reset

Super Mentor

@Ganesha Muharso

Current database store version is not compatible with current server version, serverVersion=2.6.0.0, schemaVersion=2.2.0.0

The above error indicates that the Ambari Database Schema version is still pointing to old ambari 2.2.0.0 .... Means even if you have installed the Ambari binary 2.6.0.0 but the "metainfo" table of your ambari database still points to 2.2.0.0.

So in order to fix that you should try "ambari-server upgrade" command first (so that all the other tables also get refreshed and modified by the ambari 2.6) before starting the ambari server sothat the ambari DB schema gets upgraded to 2.6.

Example:

# ambari-server upgrade
# ambari-server start

Contributor

I get this same issue when running "ambari-server upgrade" going from version 2.4.3 to 2.6.1. Any suggestion please?