Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Unable to connect to SQL Server linked server via ODBC

Unable to connect to SQL Server linked server via ODBC

New Contributor

I have installed the Impala ODBC driver v 2.5.22.1023 on Windows Server 2008R2 using Kerberos authentication. I then created a linked server in SQL Server 2012 SP3 CU3 and when RDPd into the server could run select queries against the linked server. However, when I run Management Studio on my local PC and run the same query I get the error:

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "impala_hadoop" returned message "[Cloudera][ImpalaODBC] (100) Error from the Impala Thrift API: SASL(-1): generic failure: Unable to get client-side credentials.".
Msg 7303, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "impala_hadoop".

Installing the ODBC driver on my local machine and creating a linked server on a local instance works fine when running the query from my local machine. So, everything works fine except when running a query against a remote server. In the ODBC DSN setup I have populated Mechanism with Kerberos, the Realm as our domain, the FQDN with our Hadoop server, Service Name as Impala and the Transport Buffer Size as 1000.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Unable to connect to SQL Server linked server via ODBC

New Contributor

Hi There,

Were you able to resolve this issue,I am currently facing the same issue as you described

Thanks

Unni