Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Unable to create core [tweets_shard1_replica1] Caused by: Element type "arr" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".}

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Unable to create core [tweets_shard1_replica1] Caused by: Element type "arr" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".}

Explorer

Hi

In reference to the following tutorial: http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/how-to-refine-and-visualize-sentiment-data/

I am unable to run command: /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/bin/solr create -c tweets -d tweet_configs -s 1-rf 1-p 8983

I have throughly searched through the solrconfig.xml file for a missing '<' before and after 'are' but cannot find a problem with the solrcongfig.xml

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong with this please?

Thanks!

[solr@sandbox dashboards]$ ERROR: Failed to create collection 'tweets' due to: {sandbox.hortonworks.com:8983_solr=org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:Error from server at http://sandbox.hortonworks.com:8983/solr: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'tweets_shard1_replica1': Unable to create core [tweets_shard1_replica1] Caused by: Element type "arr" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Unable to create core [tweets_shard1_replica1] Caused by: Element type "arr" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".}

Super Collaborator

@Raf Mohammed , make sure you edit the right solrconfig.xml file. As per the tutorial, you have to edit the solrconfig.xml of tweet_configs folder (/opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/tweet_configs/conf/solrconfig.xml).

After you open this file via vi shell, add <str>EEE MMM d HH:mm:ss Z yyyyy</str> inside section solr.ParseDateFieldUpdateProcessorFactory

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Unable to create core [tweets_shard1_replica1] Caused by: Element type "arr" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".}

Super Collaborator

@Raf Mohammed , make sure you edit the right solrconfig.xml file. As per the tutorial, you have to edit the solrconfig.xml of tweet_configs folder (/opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/tweet_configs/conf/solrconfig.xml).

After you open this file via vi shell, add <str>EEE MMM d HH:mm:ss Z yyyyy</str> inside section solr.ParseDateFieldUpdateProcessorFactory

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Unable to create core [tweets_shard1_replica1] Caused by: Element type "arr" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".}

Explorer

@Mushtaq Rizvi i'm sure that's exactly what I've done. I updated the solr.ParseDateFieldUpdateProcessorFactory section by adding <str>EEE MMM d HH:mm:ss Z yyyyy</str> in side it. :-(

Highlighted

Re: Unable to create core [tweets_shard1_replica1] Caused by: Element type "arr" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".}

Super Collaborator

is it the right solrconfig.xml file?

Re: Unable to create core [tweets_shard1_replica1] Caused by: Element type "arr" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".}

Explorer

@Mushtaq Rizvi I'm pretty sure it's the right one, what's the best way to find out for sure?

[root@sandbox ~]# /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/tweet_configs/conf/solrconfig.xml

-bash: /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/tweet_configs/conf/solrconfig.xml: Permission denied

[solr@sandbox root]$ /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/tweet_configs/conf/solrconfig.xml

bash: /opt/lucidworks-hdpsearch/solr/server/solr/configsets/tweet_configs/conf/solrconfig.xml: Permission denied

Highlighted

Re: Unable to create core [tweets_shard1_replica1] Caused by: Element type "arr" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".}

Explorer

@Mushtaq Rizvi I decided to start a new instance of sandbox 2.5 - It was obviously something I had changed unknowingly. As always many thanks for your support :-)