Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Unable to download HDP sandbox | Failed-Forbidden | HTTP forbidden 403

Highlighted

Unable to download HDP sandbox | Failed-Forbidden | HTTP forbidden 403

Explorer

Hi, i ve been trying to download HDP sandbox for the past week but unable to download as i get failed-forbidden or HTTP forbidden 403 etc error. i ve tried 3 different computers with 3 different internet connections and 3 different browsers but every time no matter what i do as a remedial effort, i am still unable to download any version of HDP sandbox. i installed new browser, cleared cache, history and cookies, disabled extensions, tried different download managers e.g browser's own and third-party but got the same error. however, i was successfully able to download cloudera quickstart vm as a test but i need HDP sandbox. 

Regards.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Unable to download HDP sandbox | Failed-Forbidden | HTTP forbidden 403

Community Manager

@Zac1 I am currently downloading the HDP 3.0.1 virtualbox sandbox to test. I was able to find internal reports of a website issue on the download page that was resolved yesterday. 

Google has some information on things to try if you are still experiencing issues with downloads. You already tried a few of them. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Highlighted

Explorer

hi @cjervis,

I have already followed all the steps mentioned in the link you shared but the problem still persists. I tried to download sandbox on 4 different pc's now using 4 different internet connections and 3 different browsers but got the same error. I also asked my friends from different parts of the country (Pakistan) to check if they encounter the same error while downloading hdp sandbox v2.6.5. and yes they faced the same error. the error pops out while downloading. the downloading starts and after downloading some 30 mbs, it restarts from the beginning and does so thrice before giving the error. it seems that the server is restricting us.

the problem you mentioned was also reported by me and that stands sorted but this forbidden 403 issue still exists. 

Highlighted

Explorer

@cjervis 

hi! in continuation to my previous thread, i ve trying to download HDP sandbox for past month now and i am unable to do so as we have a bit unstable and relatively slow internet. i tried to download it using different internet connections/computers/browsers and every time i get failed-forbidden error. i got the max downloading speed of 2mbps. It seems that the server does not allow users to download sandbox with less downloading speed and also the downloading link is non resumeable. it's been an extremely depressive past month for me as i m unable to continue my learning. i ll grateful if you help me in this regard.

Highlighted

Re: Unable to download Hortonworks Sandbox

Explorer

[The following question was moved here because it was posted ‎01-02-2020 to a thread marked 'Solved' 12-27-2019—Moderator]

@ask_bill_brooks 

hi!

in continuation to my previous thread, i ve trying to download HDP sandbox for past month now and i am unable to do so as we have a bit unstable and relatively slow internet. i tried to download it using different internet connections/computers/browsers and every time i get failed-forbidden error. i got the max downloading speed of 2mbps. It seems that the server does not allow users to download sandbox with less downloading speed and also the downloading link is non resumeable. it's been an extremely depressive past month for me as i m unable to continue my learning. i ll grateful if you help me in this regard.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Install Hortonworks sandbox on Virtual Box, In this tutorial, you will learn the steps to Install Hortonworks sandbox on Virtual Box.

This link gives a bit more info: 

Community Manager

@Zac1  While it's true that some older sandboxes were available through the normal download channel, or perhaps via some secondary link which was posted in the community in the past, you can't really rely on those ad hoc methods working at any given point in the foreseeable future. 

I gather from the screen shot you previously posted that you have decided VirtualBox is the best virtualization product for your requirements. If that's the case, it would behoove you to start out using the latest version of the HDP Sandbox for that environment, which at the time of this writing is HDP Sandbox 3.0.1 (Latest). I've confirmed via trial-and-error that although the 2.6.5 hyperlink is still present, the 2.6.5 version of the Sandbox is no longer available for download via the website (which is why you're receiving the HTTP 403 error). I have verified that the 3.0.1 version of the HDP Sandbox is and should be still available, and I downloaded it successfully using chrome, mozilla firefox and Apple Safari over the past two days. 

It's going to be easier for other members of this community to answer your questions about up-to-date versions of the sandbox.

Bill Brooks, Community Manager
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here