Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Unable to download the virtual box image of the sandbox HGP 2.6.1 to MacBook.

Highlighted

Unable to download the virtual box image of the sandbox HGP 2.6.1 to MacBook.

New Contributor

When I click on the box with "virtual box" letters on it, there is a panel on the right hand side shows up, entitled "Register your sandbox". I check all 3 squares and press on "Submit". The letters in the box, turn from "Submit" to "Processing" and that's it: no action, no download, no message - nothing! Could someone tell me what to expect when I press "Submit"?? Naturally, I was expecting the file downloading to my local directory, but after 3-4 tries, I gave up. I have VB installed on my MacBook Pro, and also tried to download the sandbox to MacMini, but with the same negative result, please help!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unable to download the virtual box image of the sandbox HGP 2.6.1 to MacBook.

Guru

Hi @Rashid Mehdi

I just tried it now to my Mac laptop, and the file download does indeed start. After submitting the registration form, I wait maybe 1-2 sec and then I am asked where to save the file. I am using Chrome and not Safari if that helps.

Re: Unable to download the virtual box image of the sandbox HGP 2.6.1 to MacBook.

New Contributor

Hi Sonu, Hmm, I did try Chrome and Firefox to the same effect. Well, it is strange - I typically do not have problems with downloading, not sure I understand what's going on. Thanks for your test, though: it tells me that, probably, I have some block on my home network, but not sure why it's selective to Hortonworks.com, in particular.

Super Mentor

@Rashid Mehdi

Please make sure that the Popup blocker in the browser is Disabled. As the Sandbox Download will attempt to show you a popup.