Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Unable to export Zookeeper Offsets for Kafka

Unable to export Zookeeper Offsets for Kafka

New Contributor

Hello,

I am unable to use the Kafka import/export zookeeper offsets functionality.

Below are the details:

[root@dhm-rd-AWS-2 kafka_2.10-0.9.0.1]# bin/kafka-run-class.sh kafka.tools.ExportZkOffsets --zkconnect dev-kafka1:2181/kafka --group test-consumer-group --output-file /tmp/out.txt SCALA_BINARY_VERSION 2.10.5 Exception in thread "main" org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception.ZkNoNodeException: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /consumers/test-consumer-group/offsets at org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception.ZkException.create(ZkException.java:47) at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient.retryUntilConnected(ZkClient.java:995) at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient.getChildren(ZkClient.java:675) at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient.getChildren(ZkClient.java:671) at kafka.utils.ZkUtils.getChildren(ZkUtils.scala:537) at kafka.tools.ExportZkOffsets$.kafka$tools$ExportZkOffsets$getTopicsList(ExportZkOffsets.scala:125) at kafka.tools.ExportZkOffsets$anonfun$main$1.apply(ExportZkOffsets.scala:96) at kafka.tools.ExportZkOffsets$anonfun$main$1.apply(ExportZkOffsets.scala:95) at scala.collection.Iterator$class.foreach(Iterator.scala:727) at scala.collection.AbstractIterator.foreach(Iterator.scala:1157) at scala.collection.IterableLike$class.foreach(IterableLike.scala:72) at scala.collection.AbstractIterable.foreach(Iterable.scala:54) at kafka.tools.ExportZkOffsets$.main(ExportZkOffsets.scala:95) at kafka.tools.ExportZkOffsets.main(ExportZkOffsets.scala) Caused by: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /consumers/test-consumer-group/offsets at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:111) at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51) at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1472) at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getChildren(ZooKeeper.java:1500) at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkConnection.getChildren(ZkConnection.java:114) at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient$4.call(ZkClient.java:678) at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient$4.call(ZkClient.java:675) at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient.retryUntilConnected(ZkClient.java:985) ... 12 more

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unable to export Zookeeper Offsets for Kafka

Rising Star

Did you tried to connect to the znode in zookeeper and see it's content ?

Highlighted

Re: Unable to export Zookeeper Offsets for Kafka

New Contributor

Yes i am able to see the topics in zookeeper through zkcli under broker