Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to initiate Hortonworks Sandbox session

Explorer

Hello,

I am having some difficulty initiating the Hortonworks Sandbox session. The localhost is 127.0.0.1 and I am able to ping to it.

However, http://127.0.0.1:1080 was not working.

From HDP 2.6.5 Settings > Network > Port Forwarding I tried replacing the Host IP with 192.168.56.1 (IPv4 Address from Ethernet adapter VirtualBox Host-Only Network) 

So I now have the following:

s2.png

However, I am still getting an error when I go to http://192.168.56.1:1080

Can you please assist with this? Thanks a lot.

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

@sgovi 

I have just downloaded a Virtual box sandbox image and imported it into the VirtualBox successfully. In my configuration, I  enabled only one network card Bridge Adapter so it picks the IP from my LAN of 192.168.0.x

Bridged_Adapter.JPG 

After uncompressing the Docker image, the initial screen shows it picked my local LAN IP which I used to access the browser CLI as shown below.  Make sure you update your  windows hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc 

Splash_screen.JPG

Using the above  URL  change the initial  root and Ambari passwords see steps

001.JPG

I completed the below steps changing the initial root password Hadoop and then reset the Ambai user password. Once that is successful is starts the Ambari server 

sandbox-hdp login: root                                                                                                                                                                                            
root@sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com's password:                                                                                                                                                                  
You are required to change your password immediately (root enforced)   
Last login: Sat Oct 17 20:21:47 2020   
Changing password for root.  
(current) UNIX password:                                                                                                                                                                                       
New password: 

Ambari user password reset steps

ambari-admin-password-reset 
Please set the password for admin: 
Please retype the password for admin:                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
The admin password has been set.
Restarting ambari-server to make the password change effective...                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
Using python  /usr/bin/python  
Restarting ambari-server                                                                                                                                                                                           
Waiting for server stop...                                                                                                                                                                                         
Ambari Server stopped                                                                                                                                                                                              
Ambari Server running with administrator privileges.                                                                                                                                                              
Organizing resource files at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources... 
Ambari database consistency check started...   
Server PID at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid  
Server out at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out  
Server log at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log   
Waiting for server start................................                                                                                                                                                           
Server started listening on 8080                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
DB configs consistency check: no errors and warnings were found. 

Using the Local IP given to the VirtualBox from my LAN,I could access Ambari with the new password I reset above and restarted all serive though some were running.

Ambari.JPG

Can you confirm you followed those steps and still failed??

Happy hadooping

Explorer

Hi @Shelton  , Thank you very much for your reply and for the details. Sorry for the delay in getting back from my end. I was moving out-of-state and hence the delay. I performed the following steps:

1) I selected "Bridged Adapter" in the drop-down.

2) I updated the windows "hosts" file to include "192.168.1.7" and restarted my system.

3) However, when I go to 192.168.1.7:4200, I am still getting an error.

Can you please let me know where I am going wrong? Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Sri

Master Mentor

@sgovi 

Can you confirm you have only one network card enabled?

Please share the output of the below command from the web-shell CLI

$ ifconfig 

Ambari-UI.JPG

Spalsh-UI.JPG

Web-shell-UI.JPG

Please revert 

Explorer

Hi @Shelton , Thanks for your reply. Here is the output of ifconfig:

Image_1.pngImage_2.png

Thanks again for your help. Regards - Sri

Master Mentor

@sgovi 

Is there an entry in your local host's file?

Explorer

Hi @Shelton ,

This is the entry in my local host's file: 192.168.1.7

Thanks,

Sri