Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to launch sandbox 2.5

I get stuck when i launch HortonWorks Inside VirtualBox. the host is a CentOS 7 system. I installed the 5.1.6 virtualbox version. execution stop and block at the point: Starting SandboxContainer.

I have tried VM Ware as well but it is also showing the same behavior.

I am running Windows8 with 8Gb of RAM. For the VM i reduced the allocated 8Gb RAM to 6Gb as wel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fixed it by just waiting for the VM to load, it loaded after couple of mins of wait.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

@Junaid mukhtar

The base memory requirement for sandbox 2.5 is 8 GB ! but all the same at least it should fire up but perform badly. Can you attach a screenshot.

What is the sandbox setup like ? You will net to tweak the network check the attached screenshot from my 2.5 Sandbox

Hope that helps

network-setup.png

I tried to switch the Network Adapters but it didn't work. It appears that the vboxadd-service is failing to start, i have attached the snapshothdp-failure.jpg

Expert Contributor

I think if you designate more RAM to the guest than the host it may cause it to crash. try it with 4GB of RAM

I have tried various comibnations from 2Gb till 6Gb but none worked 😞

Fixed it by just waiting for the VM to load, it loaded after couple of mins of wait.

New Contributor

I think i run into the same problem. How long did it take for your Sandbox to fully loaded?