Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Unable to load a csv file on Cloudera

Highlighted

Unable to load a csv file on Cloudera

New Contributor

MorkSawz_0-1585912303986.png

I hope it is possible to undersand what it's written in the image.

Anyway it seems impossible to load the file on Cloudera. The system answer "CANNOT FIND OR OPEN THE FILE"

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Unable to load a csv file on Cloudera

New Contributor

Can you run the following two command in the command line and share the information which you see in the command line.

#cd Downloads

#ls -lrth

Highlighted

New Contributor
The system replays "command not found" about the order "Is -Irth"

Thank you in advance for your help
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi @MorkSawz ,

What the original error is telling you is that the file big-data-2.zip can't be found. The cause is probably that the file was never placed in the Downloads directory or in any event, it was not present at the time you issued the first command.

When you attempt to use the "Is -Irth" command, the reason you are getting an error message is because the first and fifth character should be "l" (the twelfth letter of the modern English alphabet), not "I" (the ninth).

The ultimate cause of both of these errors appears to be that you aren't sufficiently familiar with the Linux operating system's command line usage and shell in order to undertake the work with the Cloudera Quickstart you are attempting to complete. I would strongly recommend you contact the instructor of the course you are taking and ask them if they could recommend some resource that provides an introduction to the Linux operating system's shell commands.

Bill Brooks, Community Manager
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Highlighted

New Contributor
Thank you for your answer.

Anyway I tried another time with the "l" corrected and the system answered
"total 0"
Highlighted

Mentor

@MorkSawz 

Can you explain the method or how you downloaded the big-data-2.zip ?

If it was downléaoded in the Downloads directory then first try to run the below command to verify.

[cloudera@quickstart Downloads] ls

I think there is something you did wrongly. I fired up a CDH sandbox and tested the download and it was successful here is what I did

I then navigated to the Downloads directory in the  CDH sandbox and used wget. I couldn't use your Coursera link as it needs a password so I tried downloading something free like skype this should also work in your case. I right-clicked to get the link to the zip executable

See  screenshot 1
Skype download2.PNG

Then I used wget and later verified using  $ ls  as above and I could see the file in the Downloads directory

Success_screen2.PNG

That should work also for your zip file.

happy hadooping 

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here