Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Unable to start Cloudera Manager

Highlighted

Unable to start Cloudera Manager

New Contributor

Hello,

I'm using the Cloudera quickstart VM (CDH 5.5.0). I could not start Cloudera manager on the vm.

I'm getting the following message when I try to start it..don't CDHissue.PNG

I don't have any clue how to solve this and get it running. I would really appreciate if someone has any suggetions on it.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unable to start Cloudera Manager

Community Manager

Welcome to the community. Based on the message I would assume that you are having issues with the amount of RAM or Processors available to the VM.  What kind of RAM and processor numbers do you have on the physical system and allocated to the VM?  

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Highlighted

New Contributor

Thank you Jervis.

My physical system has 8GB RAM and 4 processors. And I have assigned 4GB of RAM and 2 processors to the VM.

Highlighted

Contributor

Cloudera Manager is not configured to run by default in the VM: CDH is running as standalone Linux services. To migrate from this configuration to use Cloudera Manager, you'll need to run one of the scripts on the desktop, as described in the message you're seeing in the browser. Note that they will require you to assign either 8 or 10 GB to the VM, depending on which option you choose. You can override this, but if you do you will run into issues if you try to start more services than can fit in memory.